Tea Tree oil, also known as Melaleuca alternifolia or Melaleuca oil, is one of the most widely used and extensively researched essential oils, making it a must-have for every home. Tea tree oil (TTO), the volatile(evaporate) essential oil derived mainly from the Australian native plant Melaleuca alternifolia has been widely used throughout Australia for at least the past 100 years.
Tea Tree essential oil is one of the most popular essential oil. This “first aid in a bottle” is native to Australia and is commonly applied around the world for a multitude of uses. It has a green, medicinal, woody aroma and is a wonderful addition to natural home-cleaning sprays and can clear and refresh musty areas. This oil is also fabulous for helping to clear teenage blemishes and other problem skin areas.
Do not use it directly on the skin as tea tree oil should be used diluted with carrier oil before using.
Tea tree oil can be used as an effective anti-viral and anti-fungal home remedy and can be used to athlete’s foot and fungal nail infection. It also has antiseptic properties and is used to treat cuts, wounds, burns, boils and other skin disorders. It is a good for dry skin. It also can be used effectively to prevent and curb the spread of skin infection. It helps in killing bacteria and drying out pimples.
Tea tree oil helps in promoting healthy, strong hair. It can reduces the hair fall. It helps open the clogged follicles and acts as a cleanser and conditioner. It has the ability to soothe dry scalp and even treat lice. Tea tree oil is a strong antiseptic and works on removing dandruff. Tea tree oil removes dead cells, unblocks hair follicles, and boosts the immune system which is then able to fight against infections that lead to hair loss and dandruff.
Tea tree oil is used as an antiseptic that removes damaged skin cells. It balances skin by controlling oil production. It can be provides excellent skin treatment, especially for oily and acne-prone skin. It is a natural alternative for curing acne.
Apply to Pimples Directly: To cure acne effectively and naturally you can directly apply tea tree oil to your pimples on face. Its natural antibacterial properties make it an excellent alternative to synthetic chemical treatments that are harsh to your skin.
- Take a cotton bud or pad or tissue and pour a couple of drops of tea tree oil on it.
- Dab the tea tree oil gently on the affected area.
- Leave overnight or for a couple of hours.
- Take care to always clean and dry your skin before applying tea tree oil.
Use It in Facial Scrub: It can make effective face scrub that fights acne using tea tree oil.
- Mix ½ cup of sugar, 1 tbsp. of honey, ¼ cup of sesame or olive oil and 10 drops of tea tree oil in a small bowl.
- Gently scrub your face with this mixture for approximately 3-6 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Use the Oil as a Spot Treatment: It can also use tea tree oil in a spot treatment made at home.
- Take a few teaspoons of aloe Vera gel and mix a couple of drops of tea tree oil into it. You can also use honey in place of aloe Vera gel.
- Apply this mixture on to the pimple.
- For easy application, you can store these spot treatments in small lip-gloss containers.
Oil Spray and Mask: Tea tree oil hair mask not only eliminates scalp problems like dandruff, dryness, and head lice, but also refreshes your scalp in the summer and restores health to your hair.
- Fill an empty spray bottle with a few drops of tea tree oil and equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Lightly spritz your entire scalp and leave for 10–15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with tea tree oil shampoo. Leave the shampoo on your hair for 3–5 minutes before you rinse it out.
- Mix a mashed avocado and 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil.
- Apply to the entire scalp and gently massage for 5–10 minutes and leave for 30–40 minutes and rinse with mild shampoo.
- Repeat as needed for best results.
Moisturizing Hair: Tea tree oil can make this moisturizing hair mask which also takes care of the extra dryness of your scalp and hair.
Oil Mask For Scalp Problems: This process moistures hair with its abundance of healthy fats. Honey aids in hydration and also provides essential enzymes needed for hair growth.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Mix a cup of yogurt, a mashed avocado, 10 drops of Argan oil, 2 tablespoons of honey, and a few drops of tea tree oil until the paste consistency is creamy.
- Apply to the scalp and gently massage for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Comb your hair to evenly distribute the oil in the scalp and hair.
- Leave for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Repeat regularly for best results.
It can also use in other essential oils like:
- Rosemary essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil for Acne: Aloe vera refreshes and rejuvenates the skin with its antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, and healing properties.
- Mix the aloe vera gel with the oil.
- Using the cotton swab, apply this mixture on the acne-affected area.
- Wait for it to dry and soak in. Once it has dried, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply a good moisturizer later.
- This mask can also be left on overnight.
Lemon and Tea Tree Oil for Acne: Lemon juice contains acids that exert bactericidal effects on the acne-causing bacteria. This citrus juice is also a good astringent.
- Apply the mixture of the 4-5 drops tea tree oil and 2 teaspoon of lemon juice on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water first and then with cool water.
Coconut/Almond Oil and Tea Tree Oil for Acne: Coconut oil and almond oil contain essential fatty acids that nourish and hydrate the skin. This balances the excessive oil that the skin is producing and clogging the pores.
- Mix 2 or 3 drops of essential oil with either 1 teaspoon of carrier oils.
- Apply this blend directly on the infected area and leave it on for a few hours.
- Wash with lukewarm water and apply a moisturizer.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes. If pregnant or lactating consult your health care practitioner before using.
- Avoid use with sensitive or damaged skin.
- Discontinue use if skin irritation occurs.
- Do not use undiluted on skin.
Available sizes are 15ml, 30ml, 50ml