Mulethi which is also known as licorice root Is an Ayurvedic ingredient which is very beneficial to the skin and hair? It treats cough and throat pain. Moreover, it has anti-bacterial properties as well that make the skin clear and protects against harmful sun rays and pollution. In Ayurveda licorice or Mulethi has been extensively used to in medicines and for skin care. Like for skin whitening and fairness licorice is considered one of the best, just like the sandalwood and turmeric. This natural ingredient is loaded with ample amount of benefits which helps to give the skin fairness and glow. People even take Mulethi mixed tea to boost their immunities. But here we are concerned on the skin care benefits of Mulethi/ licorice.
Mulethi, more commonly known as licorice, is both a popular herbal supplement used to treat a variety of medical conditions, and an ingredient long popular in Asian and Middle Eastern cooking.
As a shampoo
You can achieve healthy and shiny strands with the help of a natural cleanser made with Mulethi. It works great on oily scalp and controls frizz and hair fall. Moreover, this Mulethi shampoo will cure the dryness and excessive oiliness
How to make it
Take 1 Mulethi powder and 3-4 Reetha balls
- Also take an equal portion of bhringraj and Amla powder
- Now heat a pan and add 1 cup of water in it
- Now add all the natural ingredients in it and give it a little boil
- In the end, soak it overnight and wash your hair in the morning
Deep hair conditioner
Mulethi can also be used as a conditioner for your locks. It is super easy and gives instant results too. This hair conditioner will make your hair dryness lesser. Furthermore, your dry hair will looks moisturized and nourished. Mulethi powder is rich in minerals and deep hair conditioning substances hence your hair will look beautiful and softer.
How to make it
- Take 1 cup of yogurt in a bowl
- Add 5 full spoons of Mulethi powder in it and then add 2 full spoons of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients well using a spoon and apply it onto your hair and scalp
Mulethi aids dandruff and flaky scallop. It slows down the spreads of lice and itching and give you clean strands. Mulethi anti-bacterial and also anti-fungal. Dandruff is a known fungal infection hence Mulethi remedy is great for curing dandruff naturally. You can try this natural remedy once in a week and get rid of the long dandruff infection that you have.
How to make it
- Take 5 full spoons of Mulethi powder.
- Now also take 2 full spoons of lemon juice and add 2 full spoons of neem leaves powder.
- Half cup of yogurt in it and in the end, mix everything well.
- Detangle your hair by combing them first.
- Now start applying this hair mask onto your hair and scalp.
- Massage it gently and wear a shower cap.
- Leave it for 45 minutes. After that rinse off with warm water and follow a hair cleanser.
Baldness and hair fall
It is the most useful tip for new hair growth and control on existing hair loss. It improves hair texture and repair the hair shaft. Mulethi makes your hair strong, shiny and lustrous to touch. You will start seeing the difference in hair loss and hair thickness in a few applications of this hair mask. Moreover, this recipe is also good for the thinning of the hair like when we see that our hair stands are getting thinner best remedy for thinning hair.
How to make it
- Take 5 full spoons of Mulethi powder and bhringraj powder in a bowl
- Also add the shikakai powder in the bowl
- Add some mustard oil in it and mix all the ingredients well using a small spoon
- Make a hair pack and then apply the hair pack onto your hair and focus on the scalp
- Use your fingertips to apply on the scalp and take a hair brush to use it on the tips
- For best results, leave it for 40 minutes or more as per your convenience
- Now wash it with cold water and follow your hair routine
- Mulethi powder to help treat your dandruff, hair loss and baldness. The only thing you have to do is to apply these Mulethi home remedies once or twice in a week religiously.
For normal, combination and oily skin
- 1 Medium-size ripe tomato
- 3 tbsp. Rose water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp Mulethi powder
Make a puree of the tomato and pour it in a small bowl. Add the Mulethi powder to it. Then tip in the rose water and lemon juice. Blend it into a thick paste of even consistency.
Using a makeup brush and apply this ‘fair skin’ pack in a thick layer on your hands, legs, neck, face, basically any part of the body that is exposed to the sun. Allow it to dry for about 15 minutes. Soak a cotton ball in cold water and simply scrub off the pack. It will instantly remove the dead skin cells, sun tan, and impurities from the skin. Rinse off with cool water and use a moisturizer. You will immediately notice the difference in your skin tone, it would have turned smooth, fair and clean. Repeat this ritual thrice a week for two weeks and you will see a marked difference in your complexion.
For dry and sensitive skin
- 1/4 cup Cucumber juice
- 2 tbsp Mulethi powder
- 4 tsp Chilled milk
- 1 tbsp Honey
Peel and grind half a cucumber and strain its juice into a small bowl. Add to it Mulethi powder, milk and honey and combine all the ingredients thoroughly into a homogeneous mixture. Now take a makeup brush and apply the skin lightening pack over the exposed parts of your body. Let it dry up fully for about 15 minutes. Soak a cotton ball in cool water and gently scrub the pack out. Rinse off with cool water and use a light moisturizer. You will see an instant change in the complexion of your skin. For best results, use it thrice a week for at least two weeks.
Mulethi is one of the best skin lightening ingredients with minimal side effects. Mulethi is use in both prescribed Mulethi extract improves hyperpigmentation by inhibiting of tyrosinase, an enzyme used for synthesis of skin pigment, melanin. Mulethi also works by dispersing the melanin. The main active ingredient of licorice extract is glabridin. We have seen excellent results in removing sun tanning, dark spots, and pigmentation with following licorice face mask:
- Blend a tomato into fine paste and then add 2 spoons of rose water 2 spoons of Mulethi powder to tomato paste and smear this mixture all over your face, neck, legs hands and all exposed parts of body. Sit and relax for 15-20 minutes till this mask dries up well.
- Next, dip a cotton wool in cold water and wipe clean this facial mask well. Mulethi is such a powerful Ayurvedic skin lightening herb that effect of this mask will be seen in first application.
- Good for normal to oily skin. Use this home remedy continuously for 3 days to notice
- Cook oats with milk if you have dry skin and cook oatmeal with plain water if you have oily skin.
- Next, mix this cooked oats with rose water and Mulethi root powder to make a paste of thick consistency and apply on your perfectly cleansed skin and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Use on completely clean skin and massage for 5 minutes to whiten and brighten your complexion within 3 days.
Cold sores or genital herpes
The extract much as you would the paste or salve. However, it is better for more focused applications, like cold sores. If you are going to used it over a broad area of skin, consider first diluting the extract.
- The glycyrrhizin in Mulethi extract has been shown to stop the reproduction of the virus that causes cold sores and genital herpes.
- Apply it directly to the sores twice a day.
There are no reviews yet.