The flavour and authentic taste of sambar, from the villages of Tamil Nadu.
At Mesmara to preserve the taste, aroma and superior quality, each ingredient is carefully selected, roasted, grounded and blended to perfection.
Dhanya, Red Chilli, Turmeric, Channa Dal, Black Pepper, Jeera, Toor Dal, Fenugreek.
Directions to prepare (Serves 3-4 persons)
- Pressure cook 50g of toor dal in two and half cups of water with a pinch of turmeric until the dal has a soft texture.
- Saute required onion and other vegetables in a pan.
- In the same pad add 750 ml of dilute tamarind paste, salt & asafoetida powder (hing) Jagger (Optional)
- After the vegetables are cooked well add two full teaspoons (Heap) of Mesmara Sambar Powder Mix and cook till Raw Masala Smell goes, cook for 15 – 20 min.
- Add the cooked dal and bring it to boil. Check the consistency then switch off heat.
- In an other kadai add one Tsp cooking Oil, Mustard Seeds, Jeera and curry leaves.
- When ready add it to Sambar mix Well.
- Serve Piping hot with Idly, Dosa, Vada or Rice.
Contains no added preservatives or Flavours.
There are no reviews yet.