Lemon peel powder can be used for skin whitening in pigmented or tanned skin, cleansing and degreasing the oily skin and reducing pimples in acne prone skin. I use lemon peel powder for making following homemade products that can be stored for 1-3 months without refrigeration:
For skin whitening: Lemon lightens your skin with the help of Vitamin C and citric acid. You can use lemon peel powder for making a face pack that gives instant fairness effect.
For cleansing: You can reap cleansing and degreasing benefits of lemon by using this homemade face wash for oily skin or homemade face wash for combination skin depending on your skin type. I have tested both face wash in many patients with good results.
Lemon Peel Powder for Skin:
Lemon peel and milk face pack for fair and flawless skin:
Just mix lemon peel powder with raw milk and smear this mixture all over your face.Let this skin whitening mask to stay on your face for 30 minutes. Afterwards, rinse off with cold water.
Lemon peels are rich in citric acid which makes it an amazing skin whitening agent.You can use this home remedy daily for acquiring optimal results. Good for normal to oily skin.
Lemon peel powder, coconut water mask for getting rid of acne scars:
Mix lemon peel powder with coconut water and dab gently all over your acne scars for one hour. If possible, you can keep this mask on scars overnight for best results. Use this beauty tip daily and you will see a noticeable reduction in acne scars and your complexion will get fairer naturally. Microbial properties of lemons peel make it a potent ingredient for treating acne and its scars.
Lemon peel powder, cucumber juice, fuller’s earth (multani mitti) and rose water skin bleaching mask:
Lemon peel have alpha hydroxy acid that can bleach your skin the natural way, minus any chemicals. All you got to do is to mix some other skin bleaching agents like cucumber water and fuller’s earth with this. You skin-bleaching mask is ready to use! Just use this homemade facial mask thrice a week for best results. What is more, this beauty tip will impart you a spotless, clear and flawless skin with regular usage.
Lemon peels powder, orange juice and orange peels powder home facial mask:
Mix 2 spoons of lemon peels powder, 4 spoons of lemon juice, 4 spoons of orange juice and 2 spoons of orange peels powder to make a skin brightening mask at home. Just smear the resultant paste on your face and neck for some time. 30 minutes later, wash off to experience a glowing, silky and soft complexion in an instant. An ideal pre-party glow mask to be used especially in summer.
Lemon peel powder, sea salt and rose water exfoliating scrub:
Combine lemon peels powder and sea salt in equal measure then add the required amount of rose water to this mix. Just rub gently this mixture on your face, neck, hands and legs to remove the dead skin cells and bring out new and fresh cells on the outer surface. Lemon rinds are a wonderful detoxifying agent which deep cleanse your skin and make it squeaky clean and fresh. Use this home remedy twice a week.
Lemon Peel Powder for Hair:
Lemons are the nature’s wonderful gift with versatile uses and benefits. These amazing citrus fruits are filled with several nutrients including vitamin C, magnesium, calcium and flavonoids making them great for healthy hair, skin and body. Here is why this small size yet incredible fruit can enhance hair growth.
- Lemons are richest sources of vitamin C that help in making hair stronger and longer.
- The acidic property of lemon gently cleans away accumulated dust, dead cells and other unwanted deposits from scalp and hair.
Lemon Peel Powder Hair Care:
Applying lemon peel powder mix directly to scalp and hair is one of the best remedies for a clean dandruff free scalp to encourage healthy hair growth.
- Massage scalp using fingers for around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow the paste to stand on hair for 10 more minutes.
- Wash hair with a mild shampoo.
- Follow the remedy once a week.
Note: The remedy can also be followed after massaging hair with oil
Lemon Peel Powder and Coconut Water:
The natural nutrients and minerals in fresh coconut water nourish hair.
- Mix ¼ cup fresh coconut water with 1 tbsp lemon peel powder.
- Apply the liquid on scalp and massage for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture stand for 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair with clean water.
- Repeat the remedy once a week.
- You can also mix one fresh coconut water with 1/2 tbsp lemon peel powder and use it as a last rinse on hair after your shampoo.
Lemon Peel Powder and Aloe Vera:
The anti-microbial, moisturizing and restoring property of aloe vera cleans scalp, locks in natural hair moisture and accelerates hair growth.
- Mix 2 tbsp fresh aloe vera gel from a broken aloe leaf or pure packaged aloe vera gel with 1 tbsp lemon peel powder.
- Apply the mixture on scalp and hair.
- Massage scalp for 5 minutes with the succulent portion of broken aloe leaf.
- Let the mixture stand on hair for 20 to 30 minutes before washing off.
- Alternatively you can replace aloe vera gel with 3 tbsp aloe vera juice.
Lemon Powder, Henna and Yogurt Pack:
This pack works as a natural hair conditioner and hair color as well. Henna pack keeps the scalp clean and protects against any scalp infection.
- To ½ cup natural henna powder add 2 tbsp of lemon peel powder and enough plan yogurt.
- Mix the ingredients to make a thick hair pack.
- Apply the pack on hair and wrap a plastic cover around hair.
- Leave the pack for at least 30 minutes.
- If you are interested to color your hair then leave the pack for 1 to 2 hours.
- Wash hair with clean water and follow up with a mild shampoo.
Note: For best results use the hair pack after oil massage.
Note: The hair pack is recommended during summer as henna naturally cools the scalp.
Lemon Peels Benefits and Uses:
Lemon peel powder can treat dandruff and control itchiness on the scalp. It helps balance the pH level of your scalp and reduces excess oil secretion, two major contributing factors in dandruff. Additionally, its anti fungal and antibacterial action helps fight scalp infections.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of lemon peel powder in 1 cup of water. After shampooing, rinse your hair with this diluted solution. Wait 5 minutes, then rinse your hair with plain water. Use this remedy once or twice a week.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon peel powder in 1 cup of plain yogurt. Add a little coconut or olive oil to it and mix well. Apply it on your slightly wet hair, especially on the roots. Wear a shower cap for 30 minutes before rinsing it out with lukewarm water. Do this once or twice a week.
Avoid going out in the sun when using lemon remedies for dandruff as it can lighten your hair color.
Both men and women want radiant and flawless skin, free of wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots and uneven tone. Lemon is one ingredient that can help rejuvenate your skin and make it look beautiful and young.
The vitamin C in lemon boosts collagen production, which restores skin elasticity to help maintain a smooth and youthful appearance.
It even protects against free-radical damage. In addition, its astringent properties help tighten the skin and prevent signs of premature aging like wrinkles and fine lines.
- Mix some lemon peel powder in some honey and rub it gently on your face, neck, hands and legs. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once or twice a week.
- Alternatively, you take required amount of lemon peel powder
- An equal amount of rose water or vitamin E oil and apply it on your skin. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Follow this remedy a few times a week.
There are no reviews yet.