Hibiscus flowers are not only beautiful to look at, but also offer great benefits for the skin and hair. Who would have thought that an unassuming backyard plant like Hibiscus can be the answer to many of our beauty problems?
A staple in Ayurvedic medicine and Chinese herbology, Hibiscus is traditionally consumed as tea to treat various digestive, respiratory, and urinary ailments. But due to its high vitamin and mineral content, its organic compounds have also become a common ingredient in many beauty products.
Benefits of Hibiscus for Our Hair
- Prevents premature graying of hair
- Thickens hair
- Reduce hair fall.
Hibiscus for hair loss
Hibiscus powder is a great ingredient to curb hair loss issue when used on a regular basis. This powder can be mixed with henna or even curd to get maximum effects. This powder helps to strengthen roots and make hair stronger and thicker.
There is also a hair pack made from Hibiscus and Onion that can work wonders for your hair fall issue and help in regrowth of hair. You will need only two ingredients – Hibiscus powder and Onions.
Take a blender, onion and hibiscus powder. I have taken 3 tbsp of hibiscus powder, 2 onions and some water. Mix it well and apply all over the scalp. Leave on for a good time and rinse with shampoo and conditioner, like usual.
Hibiscus hair pack
Hibiscus powder can be used with tea or water. Enough quantum of it should be used and the combination be applied on clean and moist hair. Once a few minutes have gone by, a teaspoon each of yogurt, coconut milk and coconut oil should be used. This should be rinsed off thoroughly after half an hour.
Hair strength pack
Hair pack which can help in enhancing hair strength involves additional elements. 3 tablespoons each of honey and yogurt, Coconut milk, 6 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel along with the main ingredient – 6 tbsp of Hibiscus powder. The mixture should be consistent and paste should be used in good quantum on the hair. A shower cap on this for 30 minutes should be used and then the hair should be washed off with lukewarm water. This treatment can make hair glossy if used twice a week.
Benefits of Hibiscus for Our Skin
- It contains the most powerful anti-aging plant actives which firm and lift skin.
- It evens skin tone and reduces hyper pigmentation or age spots. Due to the slightly exfoliating effect of the organic acids found in the plant, hibiscus helps to speed up cell turnover, resulting in a more even looking skin tone.
- Improves complexion of the skin by breaking down dead skin cells.
- It is rich in antioxidants for the skin.
Face pack with hibiscus powder
Add the geranium and hibiscus powder to the brown rice and add few drops of essential oil say Vitamin E, mix them all and form a paste. Dab it to the face and wipe with a cloth and rinse off later. This face pack remove the problems that are associated with the pimples and try to remove out the zits and skin impurities.
Hibiscus and rose face pack
Hibiscus and rose face pack is an excellent pack that gives freshness and radiance to the skin. It is known as one of the best bridal pack that can be used for about two weeks before the big day. Make a paste of fresh rose and hibiscus powder. Add curd and multani mitti and some water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes before cleaning it off with cold water.
Hibiscus powder Face mask
- 1 teaspoon of hibiscus powder
- 1 teaspoon of lavender powder
- 2 teaspoons of French green clay
- Yogurt, water, or honey
- Add the hibiscus powder, lavender powder, and French green clay into a small bowl and mix together.
- Start adding your choice of yogurt, water, or honey to the powder mixture until it forms a thick paste.
- Apply all over your face (avoiding your eye area).
- Let the mask sit until it’s completely dry. (Don’t leave the mask on too long as the clay will start to absorb moisturize from your skin.)
- Splash water over your face to re-wet the mask, each time using your fingers to gently massage and loosen the mixture on your skin. Continue splashing/massaging until the mask is completely removed. (You can always grab a washcloth to help speed up this process.)
- Finish with a hydrating mask or your regular moisturizer.