Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is one of hundreds of species in the genus Mentha which also includes spearmint, water mint and forest mint. Peppermint is actually believed to be a naturally occurring hybrid of spearmint and water mint. While some claim peppermint was not hybridized and cultivated until the 18th century in England, peppermint is referenced in ancient texts. The confusion seems to be that it is mentioned interchangeably with spearmint and the generic term mint. Peppermint has a long history of cultivation and has been used in cooking and herbal medicine since about 1500 BC. Until 1696, peppermint was not classified as its own subspecies, but most historians believe it is reasonable to assume that the mint mentioned in many historical texts is peppermint.
Use Peppermint Oil for Acne
Peppermint oil should be diluted before you apply it to your skin. You can use it on its own diluted with water. Aim for no more than a 2% solution if you are new to using it.
1.Peppermint Oil And Avocado Oil For Acne:
- Get a bottle of peppermint oil and a bottle of organic cold pressed avocado oil.
- Measure 10 teaspoons of avocado oil into a container.
- Add 3 drops of peppermint oil and mix together.
- Apply to your face using your fingers or a brush.
- Repeat each day.
- Keep the excess in a sealed container in the fridge for further use.
2.Peppermint Oil And Tea Tree Oil For Acne:
- Get a bottle of peppermint oil and a bottle of 100% tea tree oil.
- Measure out 2 ml of tea tree oil and 2 ml of peppermint oil into a small container with a lid using the measuring cylinder.
- Add 100 ml of water to the container and put the lid on.
- Shake the container before use to mix the oils with the water.
- Use a cotton bud to apply it to your face.
- Keep the sealed container with the diluted oils in the fridge. Use each day.
- You can replace the tea tree oil with another essential oil with proven acne-fighting properties, such as lavender oil if you prefer.
3.Peppermint Oil And Aloe Vera Gel For Acne:
- Get a jar of Aloe vera gel and a bottle of peppermint oil.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of the gel into a container.
- Add a couple of drops of peppermint oil and stir the ingredients together.
- Use your fingertips to apply the mixture to your face.
- Keep the excess mixture in the sealed container in the fridge.
- Repeat every day.
Use Peppermint Oil for Hair
1.Promotes Hair Growth:
Peppermint oil has stimulating properties which helps to penetrate deep in the scalp and stimulate the tiny follicles of hair. It helps to increase the blood circulation in the scalp, which helps to stimulate the growth of hair.
2.Strengthens the Roots:
Peppermint oil being rich in pulegone and Mentone helps to strengthen the hair roots which further helps in adding hair loss. You can apply peppermint oil directly on the scalp, or apply it with the help of a cotton ball. Due to little thick consistency, they can also be mixed with coconut oil, and then applied over scalp.
3.Controls Hair Fall:
In addition to strengthening the hair follicles and promoting hair growth, it also contributes in combats the serious problem of hair fall. You can thoroughly give scalp massage with peppermint oil and allow it to be on scalp atleast for 24 hours. Oil helps to deliver essential nutrients and proteins that are essential for hair growth.
Use Peppermint Oil for Skin:
1.Makes Skin Brighter:
Adding a few drops of this oil into your daily beauty regimen is an easy and effective way to achieve healthy and radiant skin. It contains menthol that has a cooling effect and at the same time, works to brighten up the dull skin.
Peppermint oil, in combination with other sharp ingredients, can serve as an effective facial scrub. There is absolutely nothing this little, minty genius cannot do!
You Will Need
- (4 drops) peppermint oil
- (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- (3 teaspoons) table salt
What You Need To Do
- In a plastic bowl, mix three spoons of table salt with two spoons of olive oil.
- Add 4 drops of peppermint essential oil to the resultant. Mix well.
- Scrub your freshly washed face with this mixture with gentle motions for a wonderful exfoliation session.
- Repeat this process every three days to get a radiant and healthy skin.
You Will Need
- 115 ml filtered water (¾ of the bottle)
- 40 ml Apple Cider Vinegar (¼ of the bottle)
- 30 drops peppermint oil
- Prepare a bottle of your favorite peppermint toner by adding filtered water and apple cider vinegar (¼ of the bottle).
- Add about 30 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Use it as a facial mist throughout the day.
- Store it in the refrigerator in a spray bottle.
- Facial Mask for A Clear Skin:
- A clear and blemish-free skin can be easily achieved with peppermint oil. Give it a try!
You Will Need
- (2 tablespoons) cucumber, grated
- (2 tablespoons) green clay
- (5 ml) diluted peppermint oil
- Take grated cucumber and peppermint oil and whisk the components together in a plastic bowl.
- Add green clay to the mixture.
- Use the paste as a face mask. Let it dry and wash off with warm water.
- Repeat this process twice a week.
- This mask, with its unique oil-absorbing skills, is perfect for those with an oily skin.
Available sizes are 15ml, 30ml, 50ml