What is kaolin clay?
- Kaolin is an odorless powder that comes in a variety of colors ranging from white, yellow, and red depending on what other minerals are in the mix. It was originally discovered in China and named after the hill where it was mined.
- During these times it was used as an essential ingredient in the making porcelain.
- Today kaolin clay is used in face masks because of its ability to adsorb toxins without drying out your skin.
- After adding water it becomes a clay-like mixture that you can safely apply to your face and easily wash off twenty minutes later.
- While you are waiting for, it soaks up any impurities in the skin such as oil, grime, or dead skin cells. After rinsing, it leaves your skin feeling smooth and comfortable.
Benefits of kaolin:
1. Kaolin clay is helpful in treating acne:
If you are looking for a good way to incorporate kaolin clay into your face wash routine there are many ways to do it.
Homemade face masks are fairly easy to mask.
The following recipe helps get rid of acne by drawing out any dirt or oils lodged in your pores. It can be used as a full body wrap if you wanted to go the extra mile.
- 1/2- 3/4 cup of coconut water
- 12 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1/2 cup of kaolin clay
- 1/8 cup of green tea powder
- 1/8 cup of kelp powder
- 1 tablespoon of Epsom salts
How to make kaolin face mask for acne
- First, pour the coconut water into a mixing bowl and stir in the Epsom salts.
- Allow the salts to dissolve then add in the green tea and kelp powders.
- Next, add the kaolin clay and stir gently making sure all of the powder has been mixed thoroughly.
- You are trying to make a spreadable paste so if you need to add more coconut water or kaolin go ahead.
2. Kaolin clay is good for hair growth:
Kaolin clay is a very gentle ingredient that can be added to almost any recipe.
Due to its moderate nature, many people use it when they wash their hair to encourage growth.
It will absorb any excess oil or dirt without stripping your hair of all of its necessary nutrients.
Here is a good recipe for a hair mask that promotes hair growth.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 1 tablespoon kaolin clay
How to make kaolin hair mask
- Pour the rosemary, thyme, and kaolin clay into the water and mix properly.
- If you want to lift more oil from your hair make the solution into a thicker paste.
- Apply gentle throughout your hair roots and tips of your hair. Let the mixture stay for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse.
- You can repeat the process but do not use this hair mask more than twice a week.
Kaolinite clay mud mask yields significant results for oily skins. The ability to detoxify the skin, replace minerals and enhance the skin tone without drying or irritating your skin can be attributed to the exceptional absorbent and mild properties of kaolin clay.
As a mask, white clay balances oiliness and aids in the eradication of blemishes. It draws impurities in your skin that are causing breakouts. In addition, it clears, refines and makes the pores tighter and considerably improves softness or smoothness. Kaolin mask can also calm inflammation. The ability to draw toxins and soothe skin makes this mask ideal for acne.
3. Kaolin Bath:
During winter time, if you are suffering from dry skin and if you are in need of a quick, easy and cheap treatment that can made in a jiffy, then look no further and try a kaolin bath. I know, it does not sound very appealing, but kaolin like all the other natural clays is rich in minerals and is very healing. Adding kaolin to the bath is one the most effective ways to soften out the dry skin very effectively. Mix with 1/4 cup of kaolin clay along with few drops of either lemon or orange essential oil. Add the prepared mixture to lukewarm bath water and soak in this aromatic bath for 10 minutes. This bath will also be useful for people who are suffering from skin conditions like eczema, as this bath is very very soothing.
4. BALANCE SKIN OILS:
If you have oily skin the absorbing properties of Kaolin can go a long way as they will soak up excess oils on the skin surface. If excess sebum is being produced, using Kaolin Clay will help reduce and balance its production.
5. For Skin:
Kaolin also comes in form of powder. Kaolin powder is mostly used to soften or make your skin dry. Simply take a teaspoon of the clay powder then mix it your lotion then apply the mixture on your body and hands. To spice it up with more benefits add a few drops of essential oils. Many users agree with the fact that it makes your skin soft. Have you tried kaolin clay powder? Give it a try today to understand its effect.
6. Clean and Care for Skin:
The clay can be effectively used to care for wet and oily skin. It is applied on the skin as a dusting powder or in a wet dressing and left for sometimes until dry then washed out. Kaolin clay works by reducing the production of sebum. This makes the oily skin to remains smooth and dry.