Clove essential oil is a hot and spicy oil obtained from steam distillation of the leaves, stem and buds of the clove tree. Clove bud oil is the most popular clove essential oil used in aromatherapy.
Archeologists have found cloves in a ceramic vessel in Syria, with evidence that dates the find to within a few years of 1721 BC. In the third century BC, a Chinese leader in the Han Dynasty required those who addressed him to chew cloves to freshen their breath. Cloves were traded by Muslim sailors and merchants during the middle Ages in the profitable Indian Ocean trade, the clove trade is also mentioned by Ibn Battuta and even famous Arabian Nights characters such as Sinbad the Sailor are known to have bought and sold cloves from India.
The effects are best achieved when the oil
is used in liquid form and spread on a clean, dry rag. You will find it in many products for lessening the effects of aging, like wrinkles, sagging skin, and facial rejuvenation for the eyes because of its rejuvenating and stimulating properties, which can increase blood flow under the unhealthy skin and make it look young again.
- Clove oil is a good remedy for fading away dark circles! You can make and use this DIY Dark Circle Eye Cream that contains clove oil in it.
- Clove oil has powerful anti-fungal activity that makes it very effective for treating fungal infections like nail fungus.
- Oily skin can be regulated using clove oil. It has astringent properties that reduce excess oiliness and tighten up large pores.
- 2-5 drops clove EO
- 10grams natural cream or you can use beeswax or olive oil
- Combine together in a glass jar the above ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Apply to your face and any other parts of your body you need.
- Allow to soak in and let the powerful anti-oxidant, anti-aging and powerful other properties work their magic.
Thickens Hair & Promotes Hair Growth
Wanna thicken up your hair? It’s time to use clove oil! This spicy oil has hair follicle stimulating properties. This invigorates and livens up the hair follicles by increasing blood circulation to the scalp. Increased blood flow brings nutrients to each and every hair follicles, which boosts hair growth and thickness. You can add about 10 – 12 drops of clove oil to your 8 oz shampoo bottle.
- Hair Growth Mask: Make a hair growth mask by combining 2 tbsp coconut oil and 5 drops of clove oil. Apply this on your scalp. Your scalp should feel a pleasant tingling sensation. Wash your hair after 30 minutes of keeping this mask on.
- Reduces Hair Fall: Applying a small amount of clove oil on the scalp can reduce the rate of hair fall and promote hair growth. The oil also helps cover bald spots and makes your hair long and shiny. Clove oil boosts blood circulation in the scalp, thereby stopping unnecessary hair fall.
- Natural Hair Conditioner: A drop of clove oil, when mixed with olive oil, works wonders as a conditioner. It strengthens your hair right from the roots. Apply the mix to damp hair and wrap a thick towel around your head. Leave it on 15-20 minutes and comb as usual.
Got acne? Clove oil can help. It’s got antibacterial, antiseptic properties that disinfect acne prone skin and fight off acne causing bacteria. Clove oil is often recommended for skin care, especially for acne patients.
- Overnight Acne Face Mask: To naturally treat acne, make an overnight facial mask by combining 5 drops of clove oil in ¼ cup of aloe vera gel and store it in an amber container. Apply this gel all over your face overnight to combat acne.
- 10 drops clove EO
- 200 mL glycerin
- Rose water/hydrosol
- First cleanse your face with the rosewater by apply some onto a cotton swab and wiping all over your face.
- Next in a glass bottle combine the glycerin and clove EO together.
- Mix well.
- Apply 4-5 drops of the mixture to a cotton swab and apply all over your face.
- Note that it may sting a little at first but the sensation will go away and the clove EO will go to work cleaning your face and getting rid of the acne.
- Do this twice a day.
Precautions & Tips:
- Never use clove essential oil undiluted. Always dilute it before application. Use a vegetable oil for dilution.
- Clove oil can cause sensitivities if used incorrectly.
- Never drop clove into your eyes, ears or mucous membranes. Do not ingest.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Do a skin patch test using 1 drop of clove oil in 1 tsp of vegetable oil in your inner wrist. If you notice any irritation, do not use the essential oil.
- Avoid clove oil during pregnancy and lactation.
Available sizes are 15ml, 30ml, 50ml