Every person’s morning routine would normally include a face clean-up with soap and water. Then why is following a particular routine or guidelines so important? What are the benefits of following a daily skincare routine? Let us answer these simple questions. Beauty salons offer skincare in a variety of ways. While it is a good option to visit a salon or spa once in a while, it might be more beneficial to do something for our skin on our own regularly. This way, we can fight the early signs of ageing. The facial skin will remain supple and well-toned. We bring you a step-by-step guide for daily skincare routine at home to give a spa-like effect.
Steps for daily skincare
Many people simply clean their face with soap or face wash in the morning and evening. But that is not enough. Following a different morning and night routine ensures proper skin hydration, cleansing, and exfoliation. Let’s get into the routines.
It’s quite simple. Follow these instructions to a ’T’ and you are all set.
- Cleanser: Start with applying a non-dehydrating cleansing milk. This will help moisturize and remove leftover makeup.
- Scrub: Use a mild to moderate scrub to help exfoliate at least once a week. Mesmara offers many types of scrubs depending on your need – rejuvenating face scrub, detox face scrub, insta glow face scrub. These offer slightly different treatments based on your skin type need of the hour.
- Moisturizer: Apply any lotion which suits your skin the best. Remember that it should moisturize well and absorb properly into the skin.
- Eye cream: Applying eye cream is more important in middle age when you start seeing fine lines/wrinkles around the eyes. Good eye cream should not sting and be readily absorbed into the skin.
- Neck cream: Most of us tend to avoid caring for the neck area. The neck area might become unsightly due to the accumulation of dirt and/or dryness. Clean the neck area thoroughly with a good soap and apply a cream. This can be similar to the one you use for your body or a different one with deep moisturizing effect. Whatever cream you choose, make sure it provides a long-lasting effect.
- Serum: Remember this tip – always go from a lightweight cream to heavier ones. So the cleansing lotion should always be lighter and the serum the heaviest. Applying a serum will help retain moisture in the skin and finish off with a radiant look.
Believe us, a slightly different night routine compared to the morning one would only do wonders to your skin. This is because our skin accumulates dust and dirt and is worn and tired at the end of the day. Follow a different routine to rejuvenate it.
- Cleanser: Start off with cleansing the skin with a good cleanser or mild soap to remove makeup and any accumulated dust.
- Toner: Move on to toner to firm up the skin. A good toner would remove traces of dust, oil, and makeup from your skin. It will close pores and help maintain the pH balance of your skin.
- Serum/Moisturizer: People with dry skin should apply a serum that penetrates deep into the skin. Acne-prone people can use a light moisturizer.
- Oil: Apply any good oil like almond, gingelly, or coconut oil. Remember that it should be a very thin layer. It will help you with the next step of massaging your skin.
- Massage: Use firm strokes to massage your cheeks, neck, and forehead. Use light strokes on your eyeballs and temples. A good massage will relieve the tension from your facial muscles. It will also tone your skin and help retain elasticity. In the long run, your face will look more sculpted.
- After you are done with clean-up, use Mesmara’s depigmentation face mask, which is suitable for all skin types.
So friends, following our step-by-step for daily skincare routine will keep your skin bright and beautiful. No more emergency runs to the beauty salon for a party or wedding! You will also be ready for any gathering and be the showstopper!
Using Mesmara’s natural herbal products for your face clean-up will not only leave your skin glowing but also protect its health naturally. Use our herbal powders and clays; scrubs, masks, and serum; as well as raw butters to prep, tone, and moisturize your skin.
Pro Tip: Mix a handful of Epsom salt to your regular body wash. Scrub your skin with this mixture. You will experience a never-before felt smoothness and skin glow. Add Epsom salt to warm bath water and soak for 20 minutes to relieve muscle aches and pains.
Follow our blog for more beauty tips, hair care and skincare articles, and recipes.