Cooking oil is an important ingredient in every dish that we prepare, especially in the Indian households. Whether you want to make a flavourful dish of sabzi, daal or meat, you need to have the right cooking oil in the correct proportions. Cooking oil is like that ‘hidden’ ingredient that goes in every dish but we often tend to ignore its usefulness. Choosing the right cooking oil is extremely important, especially if you want to take care of your health. While each cooking oil imparts distinct flavours to the dishes, each has its own set of benefits. Groundnut oil is one of the most widely used cooking oils that has lots of goodness apart from its taste. Cold pressed groundnut oil is its best variant in terms of both health and taste.
What is groundnut oil?
Groundnut oil is a commonly used vegetable oil. Interestingly, groundnut is a group of legumes, for example, peanut, and belong to the legume family although it is often grouped together with other nuts like walnuts and almonds. Groundnuts are processed in different ways to extract the oil. Depending on the nature of extraction, groundnut oils can be of different types. These include:
Refined oil: This version is very commonly used in frying especially in restaurants. During the process, groundnuts are refined, bleached and deodorized.
Cold-pressed oil: While preparing groundnut oil through the cold-pressing method, groundnuts are crushed to extract the oil with pressure. Hence minimal heat is used to extract the oil. This is the purest form of groundnut oil that retains all the health benefits of the oil.
Let’s take a quick look at what are the nutritional content of cold pressed groundnut oil
- Saturated fat: 2.3 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2 grams
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.3 grams
- Vitamin E: 11% of the RDI
- Phytosterols: 27.9 mg
Cold pressed groundnut oil benefits
- Groundnut oil has a good amount of monounsaturated fat or ‘good fat’ that improves our hearth health and lowers the cholesterol level. It is recommended by nutritionists to consume groundnut oil, in cases of high cholesterol levels in the body.
- Groundnut oil is high in Vitamin E content. Just a spoonful of groundnut oil has 11% of the recommended daily dose of vitamin E.
- Studies have revealed that groundnut oil when consumed regularly can prevent cancer.
- If you have been struggling to reduce weight for long, add a dash of groundnut oil in your every meal. Groundnut oil has the power to decrease appetite and hence is supposed to be beneficial in your weight loss journey.
- Groundnut out is loaded with natural antioxidants that can protect the body from the harmful effects of the toxin radicals.
- The monounsaturated fat present in the groundnut oil helps to regulate blood sugar levels which is beneficial for people with diabetes. If you have insulin sensitivity, bring in groundnut oil to your pantry.
- Groundnut oil is a great source of omega 6 fatty acid that plays a critical role in growth and development.
Cold pressed groundnut oil by Mesmara
At Mesmara, we bring your way pure cold pressed groundnut oil to give your health a boost. We extract the oil, by using ‘Mara Chekku’ (Ghani) which is made of Vagai wood. For every 22kgs of groundnuts, 1 kg of palm jaggery is added to enhance the taste. Hence, the nutritional benefits of palm jaggery are naturally included into the oil. Not do we ensure that the oil preparation method is environment friendly, but also ensure that the residue of the groundnuts is used as fodder for cows. This way we reduce the carbon footprint of the oil to almost zero.
Click here if you want to improve your health and also take care of the environment too. Mesmara Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil is also available on Amazon and Bigbasket.