Rosy pink lips are not only a symbol of beauty, but also are pointers to your pink health too. The lips of chain smokers are prominently very dark in colour, while those who are anaemic have pale whitish lips. Such problems need to be tackled from within the body system. However, if you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle, then there are ways in which you can improve the color of your lips naturally by trying our remedies. Especially as winter is about to set in soon, chapped lips are going to be a common problem. Try our solutions and you will be having rosy pink lips naturally within no time.
- Coconut Oil and Sugar Lip Scrub: Coconut oil acts a great moisturizer. Sugar is a natural exfoliator. Combine a teaspoon of sugar with a teaspoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in a small bowl. Apply the mixture on your lips and rub gently. After a few minutes, wash the mixture away with water and apply a moisturizing lip balm. Repeat this twice a week to remove dead skin cells and reveal the rosy lips underneath.
- Glycerin and Jojoba Oil Lip Mask: This lip mask is very useful for dry and chapped lips. Glycerin is a highly hydrating. It can be used along with Jojoba Oil, which balances the oil levels of the skin. Combine a teaspoon of glycerin with two drops of jojoba oil to make a lip mask. Apply the mask on your lips and leave it overnight. This hydrating mask can relieve you of chapped skin and pigmentation.
- Homemade Beetroot Lip Balm: Beetroot has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps the lips retain their youthfulness. You can melt 4 tablespoons of Vaseline or petroleum jelly and 4 tablespoons of Coconut Oil in a double boiler method. Add a half teaspoon of the extracted beetroot juice to it. Add a capsule Vitamin E. Mix thoroughly and transfer it into a small jar. Let it cool down for some time. You can apply this lip balm every night before going to sleep. Your lips will become pink and supple within a few days.
- Chocolate Lip Treatment: What could be better for lips than the smooth velvety touch of chocolate, which can tickle your tastebuds too. Ingredients for this delicious lip treatment are 2-3 pieces of dark chocolate, one tablespoon of Cocoa Butter, and one vitamin E capsule. The preparation method is similar to the above method. Melt cocoa butter and chocolate pieces using a double boiler method. Add the contents of the Vitamin E capsule. Transfer the mixture to a container. Let it cool down. You can apply the mixture on the lips and let it rest for some time. Then rinse it off with water. This mask moisturizes the lips and helps in rejuvenating dull lips.
- Rose Petal Powder Lip Pack: When we are talking about rosy pink lips, then how can we forget rose petals. Rose petals are a good source of natural oils which are good for the lips. Soak few fresh rose petals in milk for 6-8 hours. Then mash them up into a paste. Apply this paste on your lips. Leave it for some time before rinsing off with water. Since rose petals are not always handy, you can use Rose Petal Powder You can mix rose petal powder with milk and apply it directly to the lips. Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse it off with water. Your lips will be rose petal-like tender and supple within a few days.
Try these remedies and you will be the proud possessor of rosy lips very soon. However, do remember, to look beautiful externally, you need to be healthy internally. Your lips can share your internal secrets without speaking. To keep your lips looking rosy pink, you need to keep yourself well hydrated. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Keep a tab on your haemoglobin count. Kick bad habits, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.