Everyone encounters a bad hair day some day. There are days when the pesky hair doesn’t seem to turn itself according to your whims and fancies. It behaves more unruly than the most disobedient student. Then there are days when dandruff decides to show up like an unwanted guest, or the hair colour decides to set itself deeper. However, hope is not all lost. Take look at some of the unconventional methods to control the rebellious. A few hair hacks which are totally unconventional, and yet can save your day are here:
- Out of Control Flyaways – Use Toothbrush: You are in a hurry to leave for a meeting and the small baby hairs are not letting you style your hair smoothly. Just spray a bit of hairspray on to a toothbrush and brush those small unruly bits into place. Your hair will stay in place miraculously, letting you sail through the meeting with confidence.
- Hair Colour Too Bright – Use Dish Soap: You try a new hair colour, and you find that it is a bit too bright for your choice. So are all those bucks spent on the colour are wasted? No, just wait and try this hack. Add two-three drops of dishwashing liquid to your regular shampoo, and wash your hair with the solution. You will be surprised to see that the colour has toned down by a shade or two.
- Dandruff Keeps Coming Back – Use Baking Soda: You think you are all set for conquering the day until those ugly fragments of dandruff pop up from your hair. They are set to ruin your whole mood for the day. Don’t just let them have their way. Make a paste of two tablespoons of baking soda with water. Apply it to your scalp and let it sit for 5-10 mins, and then wash your hair. Baking soda exfoliates the scalp leaving it healthy and rid of dandruff. A word of caution – don’t leave baking soda paste for too long on your scalp.
- Lacklustre Hair After A Dip In The Pool – Use Moisturizing Conditioner First: You are all set for a pool party with friends, but you are worried about how to protect your hair from the chlorinated water. The moment your hair soaks in the pool water it becomes lacklustre and uncontrollable. Why fear, when the moisturizing conditioner is here. Just step into the shower before you dip into the pool. Apply the conditioner all over your hair. This not only protects your hair from the pool water chemicals but also nourishes your hair.
- Worried About Frizzy Hair – Try Hand Lotion: You are fed up of your frizzy hair, which doesn’t behave the way you want. A quick remedy is to take a bit of hand lotion and rub it on your frizzy hair. The hair will listen to you like a tamed dog. However, this is only a quick solution and should not be used frequently.
Found our unconventional solutions for unruly hair handy? Subscribe to our blog and keep learning more such tricks and hacks.