The anatomy of our body is a miracle of the nature. Proteins are very important parts of our body cells. Proteins contribute to the structure of our body cells and perform various functions like carrying oxygen to different parts of our body, carrying information from one part of our body to another, creating our immune system and many more. Protein molecules are formed by chains of amino acids, the sequence of which determines each proteins function and structure. Our hair is also made up of a protein called Keratin. Hence, it is natural that protein packs will enhance the hair growth and help restore damaged hair. Let us take a look at some such powerful protein packs for hair.
There are many foods found in nature, which are rich in proteins. However, not all work wonders on our hair. Here is a short list of highly powerful foods which can work effectively to make hair thick, long and lustrous.
- Eggs: Eggs are not only highly-rich in proteins, they are also packed with vitamin B and other minerals. Application of eggs on hair, helps control hair fall by strengthening the roots. Eggs also work as wonderful conditioners, giving your hair a natural sheen.
- Coconuts: Coconut oil has long been used by Indians to provide regular nourishment to hair. Coconuts contain fatty acids which nourish the scalp. Both coconut oil and coconut milk are used in various hair packs for long healthy hair and dandruff free scalp.
- Avocados: Avocados are power-packed with various vitamins and minerals. Vitamin E present in avocados works as an antioxidant for the scalp and repairs hair by preventing free radicals from damaging the hair. Vitamin B makes the hair grow longer.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains proteins which provide the necessary food for your hair. It also contains lactic acid, which helps clean the scalp and declog the hair follicles, thereby enhancing hair growth.
- Bananas: Bananas are rich in Vitamin A, which is very effective for dry scalp. It helps produce the essential sebum for the scalp and cures dry and flaky scalp, in turn reducing dandruff and making your dull and dry hair shiny and lustrous.
Now, let us find out how to convert these power packed foods into hair packs which can work wonders on your hair.
Pack #1 – Avocado and Coconut Oil Hair Pack:
The goodness of avocados and coconut oil combined, makes a very effective hair pack which controls hair loss and repairs damaged hair.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp Mesmara Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Mash the avocado and mix the coconut oil to form a smooth paste. Mesmara Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed and hence it retains the nutritional value of coconuts to the highest. Apply the pack evenly on your hair and let it rest for about 45 mins. Rinse with water and mild shampoo. This pack can be applied once a week for best results.
Pack #2 – Yogurt and Egg Hair Pack:
This hair pack is one of the most power packs to fight dandruff. It also helps in retrieving back the lost luster of dull hair.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
Take a mixing bowl and beat the egg in it. Add yogurt and mix again. Apply this pack evenly on your hair, taking care that it reaches your scalp. Leave it on for half an hour before washing with cool water and mild shampoo. Apply this pack once a week and see great results. Your scalp will be dandruff free and hair will no longer be dull and lacklustre.
Pack #3 – Aloe Vera Gel Pack:
Aloe Vera is one more hero ingredient which is rich in antioxidants and helps the scalp produce the essential sebum needed for hair growth.
- 1 cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4-5 tbsp Ripe Papaya Mash
Mix all the ingredients into a paste. Apply on scalp and leave it on for half an hour. Rinse off with a gentle shampoo. See best results by applying this pack once a week.
Pack #4 – Fenugreek Seeds Pack:
Age old Indian wisdom says fenugreek seeds can control dandruff and ensure healthy hair growth.
- ½ cup Fenugreek seeds
- 2-3 tsp Lemon Juice
Soak the fenugreek seeds overnight. Grind the seeds to paste next morning and add the lemon juice. Apply on pack on the hair and leave it for sometime.
Pack #5 – Banana and Soya Juice Pack:
Soya beans are extremely rich in proteins. The packs made from soya beans/juice are helpful for people suffering from hair loss due to alopecia areata.
- ½ cup Soaked Soya beans
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp honey
Soak the beans in water for sometime. Now put them in a mixer and blend them along with the banana and honey. Apply the pack evenly from the roots, and leave it on for half an hour.
Try these packs at home depending on your requirement. You will be immensely rewarded by the natural ingredients.