It’s the month of February, and love is in the air. It is the season to be pampered and pamper your loved ones. But aren’t you tired of the same old gifts of flowers, greeting cards and chocolates for valentine’s day? Move aside routine stuff, lets do something different this year. Check out our recipes of DIY stuff you can make for your valentine, which are actually useful too. They even hold a slight promise of turning your day into a very romantic one.
DIY Bath Bombs:
Bath bombs make romantic valentine’s day gifts. They are very easy to make too.
- 1 Cup Citric Acid
- 2 Cups Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Mesmara Shea Butter
- 5-6 drops Mesmara Lavender Essential Oil
- 1-2 drops Food Coloring of your choice
- Spray bottle with water
- Mix cornstarch, citric acid and baking soda, in a bowl and make sure there are no lumps.
- Melt Mesmara Shea Butter and add to the mixture.
- Add in Mesmara Lavender Essential Oil and Food coloring and keep mixing
- Spray water lightly and keep mixing till it holds together like dough.
- Take silicone molds of your choice, heart shaped ones would make a great choice for valentine’s day gifting.
- Place the dough in silicone molds and press it tightly.
- Let them dry in silicone molds for 12 hours. Then remove the bath bombs from the molds and let them dry for an additional day.
- Your amazing romantic gift is ready.
DIY Shaving Cream:
A smooth shaving cream can make a perfect start to a man’s day. Gift your beloved a hand made shaving cream.
- 2/3 cup Mesmara Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Mesmara Shea Butter
- 1/4 cup Mesmara Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Few drops of Mesmara Lavender Essential Oil
- Few drops of Mesmara Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- On low heat, melt Mesmara Shea Butter and Mesmara Extra Virgin Coconut Oil together.
- Once they start melting, remove from heat and add olive oil. Now add the essential oils to this mixture.
- Stir well, and transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until the mixture solidifies.
- Remove from the fridge and add baking soda after the mixture softens a bit.
- Whip until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Transfer into an attractive jar. Viola the shaving cream is ready.
DIY Body Scrub:
Treat your valentine with a strawberry sugar scrub made at home. Your valentine will love the scrub and the experience.
- 1 cup Freeze-dried Strawberries
- 1 cup Cane Sugar
- 3/4 cup Mesmara Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Strawberry Extract
- Place the freeze-dried strawberries in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Alternatively you can grind them to rough powder consistency in a mixer.
- Now add your cane sugar to it and mix well.
- Next add Mesmara Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and the strawberry extract to bind it all together.
- Place the mixture in a mason jar for gifting.
DIY Perfume Lotion Bar:
If you want your beloved to smell good in an essence of your choice, why not gift him a DIY perfume lotion bar.
- 2 tbsp Almond Oil
- 3 tbsp Beeswax
- 2-4 drops Mesmara Essential Oil of your choice
- 2 drops Mesmara Clove Essential Oil
- 2 drops Vanilla Extract
- Pour the almond oil into a small vessel.
- Add the Mesmara Essential Oils slowly to almond oil.
- Heat the beeswax in a double broiler.
- When it is completely melted, mix it with the other oils and quickly transfer into a small container of an attractive shape.
- Let it sit till it hardens into a bar.
- Remove from the container and wrap the lotion in an attractive soap wrapper.
DIY Homemade Bath Salts:
Bath salts help in improving blood circulation and reduce body-aches. Enhance these salts with the smells of essential oils to make a wonderful gift.
- Coarse sea salt
- Mesmara Epsom salt
- Baking soda
- Mesmara Essential oils of your choice
- Food coloring of your choice
- Take 6 parts coarse sea salt and 3 parts Mesmara epsom salts and mix together.
- Add 1 part baking soda to this mixture.
- Add a few drops of Mesmara essential oils, and mix well.
- Add a few drops of food coloring, till you acquire the desired shade.
- Store them in a airtight containers to keep away moisture.
Other than these gifts for him, you can even make your own perfumes, sprays, linen sprays etc to make yourself and your home smell heavenly for the valentine’s day.