Tea Tree oil has amazing heath benefits these benefits can be attributed to its properties as an antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, balsamic, cicatrisant, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, stimulant and sudorific substance.
Do not confuse Tea Tree oil to the plant common tea plant(beverage). Tea Tree, it is extracted through steam distillation of twigs and leaves of Tea Tree, which has the botanical name Melaleuca Alternifolia. The tea tree is native to Southeast Queensland and New South Wales, in Australia, which is why it is such a common and popular essential oil in that Australia. However, its impressive qualities have spread to other parts of the world, so it can now be found internationally.
Tea Tree essential oil contains Alpha Pinene, Beta Pinene, Sabinene, Myrcene, Alpha Phellandrene, Alpha Terpinene, Limonene, Cineole, Gamma Terpinene, Para Cymene, Terpinolene, Linalool, Terpinenol and Alpha Terpineol.
Tea Tree oil has an reputation as cure-all and its not an exaggeration. Tea tree oil can be used as a cure for almost all tropical infections and diseases. You name it and it has some sort of positive effect or treatment for that disease.
The Cicatrisant property of Tea Tree essential oil makes it heal wounds quickly and protects them from infections. Furthermore, it can help neutralize or diminish scar marks and after spots left by eruptions, boil, pox, and acne.
Tea tree essential oil smells Fresh, spicy, camphoraceous and warm.
Tea tree essential oils blends well with Basil, bergamot, black pepper, Cinnamon, chamomile german, clary sage, clove, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, nutmeg, oakmoss, oregano, peppermint, pine, rosewood, rosemary, thyme, ylang ylang, Myrrh and other carrier oils.
Tea tree essential oil can be mixed with other essential oils and carrier oils and can be used for head and body massages. It lets the body and mind relax and refresh.
Some of the most common uses of Tea Tree Oil
- Helps heal and soothe sunburns.
- Heals Skin Infections Naturally.
- Relieves itchiness from rashes and helps reduce rashes.
- Can be used as an all-purpose cleaner: Fill a glass spray bottle with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with water.
- Treats ACNE.
- Helps to prevent lice naturally: Add a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner.
- Add a few drops in your pets’ crates or beds to keep the fleas away.
- Removes ticks Add to skin, to unlatch them
- Cures toe nail fungus and Athlete’s foot.
- Helps remove skin tags
- Naturally cures bad breath. (Swish some tea tree oil and water in your mouth.)
- Can be used in a DIY toothpaste.
- Effective in treatment of warts
- Soothes insect bites.
- Treats ringworm.
- Treats psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Relieves asthma or other breathing conditions when a few drops are added to a diffuser or humidifier.
- Works as an antiseptic on small cuts.
- Keeps your bathroom fresh.
- Relieves earaches:
- Freshen laundry: Add a few drops in your washing machine to scent your clothes. Also, if you forgot to put the clothes in the dryer, run again with tea tree oil to remove mildew.
- Helps freshen carpet.
- Can be used in DIY kitchen cleaners.
- Kills mold: Mix Apple Cider Vinegar and tea tree oil and spray on mold; place outside to sun-dry.
- Can be used in a DIY Deodorant.